The Cuban dish Ropa Vieja or otherwise known as Old Clothes is made in the crockpot and is packed with flavor.
There are many versions of this dish and it can be made with pork or beef. This dish is best served with rice, black beans and plantains. It is also a good idea to choose a nice large piece of meat, because the leftovers are often even better than the first time around.
This is what we started with, but not all ingredients were used. Read the recipe for more details.
Ropa Vieja – malarkey style
- 5 pounds pork – bone in
- 1/2 stick butter
- sprinkles paprika
- sprinkles black pepper
- sprinkles GOYA – Adobo
- 1 tbsp garlic – minced
- 1 large red pepper – diced
- 1 small onion – diced
- 1 bottle GOYA – MOJO marinate
- 1 carton beef broth – low sodium
- 1 jar GOYA – Sofrito
- garnish cilantro
- dice the onions & the red peppers and saute' with the minced galic
- season all sides of the meat with the GOYA – Adobo, paprika and black pepper
- brown all sides of the meat with the peppers, onion & garlic
- turn the crockpot down to low add in the beef broth and the mojo marinate
- top the meat with 3/4 of the GOYA – Sofrito
- cover and cook on slow and low for 8 hours
- shred the meat and in some of the juices from the crock pot as well as the rest of the jar of the GOYA – Sofrito.
- Cilantro is a tricky – you either love it or hate it. So check to make certain everyone is a fan before cooking with it, if not add it to the final dish.
- Searing the meat helps to lock in the flavor.
- Spanish olives stuffed with pimientos can be added t this dish as well.
- After shredding the meat add the juices back in.
- When storing the meat, add the eve more of the stock so the meat doesn’t dry out.
- The leftover stock can be used as the base for chili.
Mark took the leftovers made it into a soft taco.
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!