This is a fun twist on sloppy joe’s and it’s super quick to make and disappears even faster!!! Sweet & savory and then topped with cheese – PERFECTION!!! Personally, I think SPICY honey should be drizzled when served, but my kids are weak.Jump to Recipe
If you are looking to save time at dinner you can pre-cook the meat and have all ingredients out and ready to go. You will just need to microwave the meat and sauce prior to dumping the cornbread on top.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 cups Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onions and garlic mix
- 1.5 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 package Cornbread Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 Egg
- drizzles Honey
- sauté the onion in garlic and then place in the square baking pan
- Heat the oven to 350
- brown the ground beef, drain and return to the skillet – mix in the sloppy sauce – keep warm
- make the cornbread as directed (do not over mix)
- pour the sloppy mix into the pan
- sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese and drizzle with honey
- pour the cornbread mix over the sloppy mix – push the mix high in the sides than the middle to ensure even baking
- Bake for about 30 min – check with a toothpick
- Sprinkle a cup of cheese on top of the cornbread and place back in the oven for a minute or 2 to melt the cheese
- remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting
- suggestion – drizzle with HOT honey!!!
Layering it with cheese and honey, hot honey if you can makes this dish delish!!!
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!