This is a magical twist on pulled pork, marinated in magic guava sauce! This dish has all the guava goodness you can handle… sweet and savory! If you like a little spicy add some cayenne pepper!
We served the pulled pork with Spanish rice, plantains and black beans. The rice and the pork were a perfect pair. If you have never made plantains… you need to NOT make from scratch and just “Go with GOYA” on this one.
Ingredients for magic guava sauce for pulled pork
Slow cook the pork in a mojo marinade
Make the magical guava sauce
Pull the pork and then put the magical guava sauce on it
Pulled Pork with Magical Guava Sauce
- 1/2 cup onions – chopped up super tiny
- 1/2 cup orange juice – local if you can
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 6 oz guava paste – little more than a 1/4 of the can
- 2 cloves garlic – smaller than the onions
- marinate and cook the pork – shred it – make the sauce while pork is cookig
- combine the 6 ingredients in a small pan, medium heat
- bring to a boil – boiling for 5 minutes – make sure all guava is dissolved – keep stirring
- reduce heat to simmer – simmer and stir until THICK
- pour over the pulled pork
- serve with your favorite side – we suggest Spanish rice and plantains
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!