Life it happens and before we know it the clutter sets in. We have been on our home for a handful of years now and things need to be decluttered. This year we will be taking it one cabinet and one drawer at a time. Sharing our tips and products we love along the way.
Thanx for stopping by… make certain to like, share and subscribe. Check out the home page for other quote pages, Recipes, Shopping Ideas, Breakfast Reviews, Restaurant Reviews and our other shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
Tuesday’s are for Tidying things up!
The right thing to do is to clean it after every use (drip machines) and deep clean both every 3 months. “They” say it is best to leave the water tank empty when not using.
- see the bottom for some awesome cleaning products
Why deep clean the coffee maker?
- descaling removes mineral deposits
- left uncleaned yeast, mold and bacteria will grow in the machines
- water will not reach it’s HIGHEST temperature if it is left uncleaned
- coffee will taste better
- a water filter helps to keep machines clean and descaling can happen less
- emptying the water reserve nightly also helps keep the machine clean
- descaling and vinegar work about the same
- descaling solution does not leave a NASTY taste in your mouth
- machine will last longer
HOW DO YOU CLEAN A DRIP MACHINE
- Fill water tank 1/2 way with white vinegar, then top off with water.
- Put carafe in place
- start brew cycle
- 1/2 way through cycle STOP coffee maker and let it sit for about an hour
- finish cycle
HOW DO YOU CLEAN A “POD” MACHINE
- buy a descaling solution and filter – follow instructions on box
- If you clean it regularly you can skip rest period
- You might need to do this twice if machine is dirty
- plain brew with just water if you can taste the vinegar
- use descaling solution if you can taste the vinegar
This tip is mostly for the children and their keyboards. Kids are gross. Kids hands are gross. Let’s make certain the keyboard they have been using and will continue to use is clean and germ free. This is a natural cleaner you can make at home. Tea Tree oil is an essential oil you should just have at home at this point. While we are at it – TIDY UP that desk!!
There are lots of times speed cleaning comes in handy. Maybe you have someone coming over and you need to get it done asap. Maybe you have less than an hour alone in the house and you want to finish the episode of housewives you fell asleep watching last night but you feel guilty so you speed clean the house first. Either way… this is a great quick list to get it done and get your cardio while you do it! So get started!!!!
* always have a cleaning caddy ready to go *
1. TIMER – set it for 30 with a reminder at 20
2. GARBAGE bag – walk around & gather all trash from around the house – empty the bathroom trash into this bag as well.
3. BASKET -walk around and gather all the crap that is laying around, toss the basket into the laundry room – give the chore of empting the basket to which ever child gets on your nerves later :).
4. BATHROOMS – quickly touch up the… mirror, sink, counter, toliet, change towel
5. WIPE – Walk around and wipe all surfaces down.
6. FLUFF – couch, pillows and throw blankets.
7. VACUUM – quick spot vacuum around the house, don’t forget front door area.
8. DUST – If you have time… go back and shake your duster at your nic nacs
- this is a great way to get some steps in and a few minutes of cardio – especially if you have stairs
WD-40 CLEANING HACK
WD-40 can be helpful when cleaning. Here are some tips we have found.
All towels can use a freshening up from time to time.
Tidy desk, Tidy Mind – declutter both
Sometimes it feels like your mind is full of clutter, especially these days. Look around… is your desk clean? They say… Tidy desk, tidy mind so let’s declutter both! Often times if you declutter your desk it helps to declutter your mind. Now for the mind… what seems to help me is writing it down. These days I am finding giving the kids some of the “to-do’s” also helps to unload the mind. Here are some awesome products to help with both!
Thanx for stopping by… Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!