The gravy is the only real work in this dish. We tried to make it with canned gravy but we almost died from the saltiness so we had to make our own, but still simple. It is always a good idea to have to have meals like this in the rotation for the weekends. YES… I am aware we are using the WRONG cheese for authentic poutine. However, our stores did not have squeaky cheese so we changed it up a bit. It was delicious!!! The mozzarella and cheddar were great together.
The left over gravy and steak the husband will be eating for breakfast over toast.
Hey… Thanx for stopping by… make certain to like, share and subscribe to the blog as well as all the socials! Check out the home page for quote pages, recipes, shopping ideas, breakfast reviews, restaurant reviews and our other shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
INGREDIENTS FOR POUTINE
What’s missing from this picture is creole seasoning, cream and pepper. I added those to the gravy as well.
GRAVY FOR THE POUTINE
ASSEMBLING THE POUTINE
I like to start the oven and prep the tinfoil on the pan before starting the steak and the gravy. The fries do not take that long so you do not want to start them before the gravy. Even then you do not want to cook fully because you will be baking them again with the cheese.
After the fries were most of the way cooked we took out and out on mini pizza circles and pie plates – assembled the poutine, baked and served this way.
Poutine – Nice and Easy
- 1 package Fries
- 16 oz Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup Cream
- butter- unsalted
- 5 tbsp flour
- pepper to taste
- Creole Seasoning to taste
- old bay seasoning to taste
- white cheddar cheese – 1 block
- Fresh mozzarella balls
- Prep your ingredients, chop your onion and garlic and shred your cheese – you want the cheese to stay out of the fridge for a bit so it melts faster later.
- Preheat the oven – follow directions on the fries
STEAK – start first – we need the renderings – low heat
- butter, garlic, onion, old bay cook in the pan and then add steak
- cook steak half way and take the renderings out and put in sauce pan for the gravy
- sauce pan renderings and flour – whisk until thick – add beef broth
- bring to a boil – whisking – add the cream until you get the desired thickness
- TASTE IT – add pepper and seasonings until it suits your fancy – maybe add in some cayenne.
- Once the gravy has reached desired thickness – throw the steak in the gravy – it should be a little pink still
- As the gravy is boiling add the fries to the oven and cook 3/4 of the way done
- pull the fries out and re-plate onto serving dishes that can do back into the oven
- add the mozzarella ball cheese and then the shredded cheese
- pop the fries back into the oven and melt the cheese
- when cheese is melted pull then fries from the oven – pour the steak and the gravy on to the fries
Inspiration, Motivation and Coffee are great ways to start the day!
These are updated through the week with a little life, interesting grocery finds, Holidays, Reviews, National Days, Recipes and everything in-between.
Check back everyday for more malarkey morning moments…. click the button
Check out these other recent articles… some great ideas and products for the holidays!
Loosing Weight BEFORE the HOLIDAYS!
I am on a mission to drop the weight I gained after the summer and before the holidays. Challenging myself to do it before Thanksgiving and holding myself accountable by vlogging it. Follow my journey.
*side note – not selling anything
Check out this NEW event @ Gaylord Palms resort…. NEW EVENT
Loosing Weight… Making a U-Turn and getting in shape before the holidays
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!