Candied Pecans – Mama’s Nuts are Sweet
It is NOT Thanksgiving without these nuts. Papa (Patrick / My Dad) LOVED these! It is a great snack to make and have on the counter to snack on while the meal is being prepared. They make a great addition to a salad or the top of Pumpkin pie. There will not be left overs. If there is… store in airtight container by the coffee maker so you can snack on in the mornings with your coffee.
Also – these are great crushed up on top of sweet potato casserole!
You can roast your nuts in the oven or in the crock pot. The oven gives them a bit extra crunch opposed to the crockpot. However… there are so many needs for the oven that making them in the crockpot frees up some oven space. So go with the crockpot.
Check out our other Thanksgiving Recipes below – including some easy / fun ones for the kids.
PREP YOUR NUTS
As I mentioned prepping in advance makes the day so much better. The night or day before measure out the nuts, and sugars. Get the crockpot, measuring spoons and bowls needed out as well.
- Side note – try this recipe on other types of nuts as well!
- 1.50 cup Sugar
- .50 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- .50 cup Light Brown Sugar
- .50 cup Raw Sugar
- 4 cups Pecans
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Egg White
- 1 teaspoon Ginger – Only add if you like ginger
- 1.5 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons Vanilla
- Parchment Paper / Cookie Sheet
- Night before – measure everything out and get all supplies out
- MEDIUM BOWL- measure out the sugars, cinnamon and ginger – mix together
- SMALL BOWL – measure out the vanilla and whisk with the egg white – make it nice and FROTHY
- CROCKPOT – Spray with cooking spray
- Pecans – put in the crockpot
- Egg white mix – pour the frothy mixture over the nuts and mix the nuts in the froth until all the nuts are coated in froth
- Sugar Mix – Sprinkle 1/2 of this over the nuts, stir, pour the other 1/2 over the nuts. Stir until all the nuts are coated.
- COOK – Set your temperature to LOW and cook for about 3 hours.
- STIR – Every 20 minutes stir the nuts, make certain they are not sticking to the crockpot.
- WATER – Last 25 / 30 minutes pour the water over the nuts and stir.
- STIR – Every 10 minutes stir and make certain they are not burning or sticking. * The water will make them crunchy.
- DUMP – When time is up – dump the nuts onto parchment paper and let them cool for about 15 minutes.
MIX THE SUGARS AND SPICES
EGG WHITES & VANILLA
SPRAY THE CROCKPOT, SET LOW FOR 3 HOURS
Add the Pecans
Add the egg whites and the vanilla
Mix until evenly coated
Pour in the sugar mixture
Stir the sugar mixture, making sure to evenly cover the all the pecans
Stir through the cooking process
WATER – Last 20 minutes or so… stir in the water and continue cooking and mixing.
As seen as above… dumb them onto parchment paper to let them cool
Inspiration, Motivation and Coffee are great ways to start the day!
These are updated through the week with a little life, interesting grocery finds, Holidays, Reviews, National Days, Recipes and everything in-between.
Check back everyday for more malarkey morning moments…. click the button
Check out these other recent articles… some great ideas and products for the holidays!
Loosing Weight BEFORE the HOLIDAYS!
I am on a mission to drop the weight I gained after the summer and before the holidays. Challenging myself to do it before Thanksgiving and holding myself accountable by vlogging it. Follow my journey.
*side note – not selling anything
Check out this NEW event @ Gaylord Palms resort…. NEW EVENT
Loosing Weight… Making a U-Turn and getting in shape before the holidays
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!