Thanx for stopping by… make certain to like, share and subscribe. Check out the home page for other quote pages, Recipes, Shopping Ideas, Breakfast Reviews, Restaurant Reviews and our other shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE YOU TUBE CHANNEL!Jump to Recipe
Cookie Bars – Holiday Favorite
Please do not shy away from these because they have walnuts and cocnut. I am not a fan of either and these bars are friggin’ amazing! My son… The Boy… LOVES them and he hates everything.
These bars have 3 parts, 4 if you count the sprinkles. I usually make these for the holiday season and I stick with the star sprinkles because they are just so pretty. You can jazz them up with any color to fit your theme. I have topped this with DARK Chocolate because it is my favorite but feel free to change it up. You could put white chocolate on top or a mix of both. Felling super creative you could do a light blue candy melt and add snow flake sprinkles…. the possibilities are endless!
As I mentioned above walnuts and coconut are not for everyone, but please do not be scared of this! Once everything is blended together it makes an amazing taste and you do not feel the coconut or the walnuts when you eat it. Just try it!
Graham Crackers – Crushed up
Walnuts – Chop them SUPER fine
Keep in mind… as long as you are using instant pudding you can change it up a bit if you want. Maybe get a banana pudding or strawberry and make it your own fabulous treat!
Pretzels – for the longest time I have wanted to crush pretzels and throw them into the chocolate. You could even crush up the leftover Halloween candy and throw that on top. Anything goes!!!
- Make in advance because these package nicely and are best served cold
- Cut into small pieces to serve – these are best bite size. I am not a fan of biting into something like this and getting it all over my teeth, especially when serving these at a party. So cut small so people can take take 2 or 6 opposed to a large chuck
- Note – these are VERY rich
- These do freeze well
- Store in the fridge
- Cut with a VERY sharp knife.
- When cutting cut all the edge off first and then cut for serving. I usually keep the edges for my mom to snack on with her coffee… it’s a win win because edges are her favorite and they edges crumble soo they are not good for serving.
Cookie Pudding Bars
COOKIE BASE – Bottom Layer
- 1 cookie mix You do not have to use the chocolate but it is best this way.
- 1/2 cup coconut Shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts Ground them SUPER fine
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 egg
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons cheesecake pudding mix
- 1/3 cup butter soft
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 bag dark chocolate melting chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- Oven – 350
- 13 x 9 Pan – line it with foil, leave the foil over the edges
COOKIE BASE – Bottom Layer
- Large Bowl – Mix all the ingredients from the cookie base above.
- Spread into pan, press lightly. This does not pour like cake mix – it is thick
- BAKE – 18 minutes… watch it pull it out when it is set.
- COOL – let it cool for about 30 minutes or so.
- Large Bowl – We are going to stir the filling by hand and with a mixer.
- Powdered sugar and pudding – stir together
- Add 1/3 cup butter and milk to the above, beat with mixer on medium until the filling is thick and smoother – it will be VERY THICK.
- Layer this on top of the cookie base and spread evenly.
- Side note – it is easiest to do this with the back of a spoon
- SMALL BOWL to be used in microwave – put the chocolate and the butter in it. Microwave for a minute or so – mixing every 20 seconds or so, until melted. Spread over the filling the middle layer.
- Sprinkle – quickly before the topping hardens add some sprinkles.
- Fridge it – These need to be chilled for at least an hour before you cut them.
CUTTING THE BARS
- Foil – it is hanging over the edges, use these to pick it up out of the pan
- Cut – using a very sharp knife – cut around all 4 sides to make clean edges
- Then cut the bars so they are about 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches – BITE SIZE
Inspiration, Motivation and Coffee are great ways to start the day!
These are updated through the week with a little life, interesting grocery finds, Holidays, Reviews, National Days, Recipes and everything in-between.
Check back everyday for more malarkey morning moments…. click the button
Check out these other recent articles… some great ideas and products for the holidays!
Loosing Weight BEFORE the HOLIDAYS!
I am on a mission to drop the weight I gained after the summer and before the holidays. Challenging myself to do it before Thanksgiving and holding myself accountable by vlogging it. Follow my journey.
*side note – not selling anything
Check out this NEW event @ Gaylord Palms resort…. NEW EVENT
Loosing Weight… Making a U-Turn and getting in shape before the holidays
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!